Skip to main content

Ying Hua appointed director of Cornell China Center

Ying Hua, associate professor and director of undergraduate studies in the Department of Design and Environmental Analysis, has been named director of the Cornell China Center.

Architecture professor Arthur Ovaska dies at 67

Associate professor of architecture Arthur Ovaska, B.Arch. ’74, died March 26 in Ithaca. He was 67. Ovaska served on the Cornell faculty for more than three decades.

Einaudi Center travel grants to send 100 graduate students packing

One hundred Cornell graduate students have been awarded travel grants from the Mario Einaudi Center for International Studies for the 2018-1019 academic year.

$1.6M grant may turn sediment into port city pay dirt

Landscape Architecture’s Brian Davis and Sean Burkholder, University at Buffalo, received a $1.6 million grant from the Great Lakes Protection Fund for creating ecologic gold from shipping port sediment.

Designers prep for 34th annual Runway Show

The 2018 Cornell Fashion Collective Runway Show, March 10 in Barton Hall, will feature the work of 29 student designers, from a collection inspired by the human body’s inner workings to representations of feminine power and skepticism and spirituality.

Design Connect projects come to fruition in two upstate towns

Students in Design Connect collaborated with stakeholders in two upstate New York towns to provide design and planning resources.

Faculty team wins NYC sustainable design competition

A collaborative exhibition project created by four faculty members featuring reused grain silos will be installed on Governors Island in New York City this summer.

New grad housing is living lab for heat pump study

At the Maplewood Apartments project, now under construction, Cornell engineering students will deploy heat-pump monitors to study the system viability in a severe winter climate.

Richard Meier '56 endows architecture chair in AAP

The chair of the Department of Architecture in the College of Architecture, Art and Planning has been endowed by renowned architect Richard Meier, B.Arch. '56.