Cornell History: Statler Hall goes live
May 05, 1950
Statler Hall is dedicated. Hotel administration began as a department in 1922 and grew steadily under the direction of professor Howard Meek. The Statler Foundation offered before World War II to fund a building with an inn on the edge of Beebe Lake. After the war, the plans expanded and the building was located on East Avenue. When Statler Hall was dedicated, hotel administration ceased to be a department and was deemed a school, with Meek as its director.