Cornell History: Lynah
April 06, 1957
Lynah Rink is dedicated. It was named for James Lynah, Class of 1905, director of athletics 1935-43. Lynah can hold 4,267 boisterous Cornell hockey fans. Although many rinks in the nation are larger in seating capacity, few are louder. The Big Red has won nearly 72 percent of its games played at Lynah since its opening. The fall of 2006 saw the completion of a renovation and a campaign to endow the ice hockey programs.