Cornell History: Fore!
April 15, 1941
Robert Trent Jones Golf Course opens. Completed at a cost of $43,000 (taken out of the football budget), the course, located on North Campus, originally opened with only nine holes due to land limitations. Designed by Robert Trent Jones ’30, the golf course was later completed in 1954 with the construction of the second nine holes costing three times the original amount (still quite a bargain).