Cornell History: Stimson Hall opens
May 08, 1903
The first Cornell building constructed in the 20th century, it was designed by architect William Henry Miller and built for $154,754. Named for Dr. Lewis A. Stimson, a key organizer of Cornell’s medical college, the building initially housed the medical college’s Ithaca division. Stimson Hall is home to undergraduate biology, the Shoals Marine Laboratory’s campus office and the university ombudsman’s office.