Cornell History: Med College opens
April 14, 1898
Cornell Medical College is founded. The first two years of instruction were offered in Ithaca and New York City, but the Ithaca branch closed in 1938 since the clinical training opportunities were superior in New York. The Cornell Nursing School operated from 1942 to 1979. The Medical College was renamed Weill Cornell Medical College for donors Sanford ’55 and Joan Weill in 1998.