National Retirement Security Week
October 16-20 is National Retirement Security Week. To get started, answer TIAA’s quiz question at TIAA.org/nrsw2017 and see what you can do to create your personal success story.
Starting to save for retirement
TIAA will hold a workshop designed to help employees save for the future, “The Starting Line,” Oct. 17, noon-1 p.m. in G01 (Racker Room), Biotechnology Building. In this workshop, participants will:
- Learn the real effect of time on money thanks to compounding and dollar cost averaging
- Understand debt and how to manage it
- See how budgeting can find money and help you save it.
Pre-retirement planning workshops
Offered by Benefit Services, these workshops follow the “Retirement & Beyond” booklets on the Pre-Retirement Planning webpage:
- Endowed employees: Oct. 24, noon-1:30 p.m., G10 Biotechnology Building
- Contract college employees: Oct. 31, noon-1:30 p.m., G01 (Racker Room) Biotechnology Building
No registration is required.