There are still openings for the next Homebuyer U Ithaca, to be held Nov. 6, 13, 20 and 27, 6:30-8:30 p.m., at the Ithaca Neighborhood Housing Services, 115 W. Clinton St. Fee: $75 per household.
Home Buyer U will cover the following topics:
- How much money you need to buy a home
- Your credit score and how it affects you
- How much house you can afford
- What a realtor can do for you
- How to get a mortgage
- Strategies for choosing the right home
- Home inspections
- How to protect your investment.
Every student will get a copy of their credit report and everyone has access to free one-on-one support. Down payment and closing cost assistance are available to first-time buyers — find out if you qualify. Our service area includes: Cayuga, Chemung, Cortland, Schuyler, Seneca, Tioga and Tompkins counties.
This program is sponsored by Ithaca Neighborhood Housing Services and Better Housing for Tompkins County.