Reminder: The Employee Excellence Awards committee has streamlined the nominations procedure and clarified criteria, and is accepting nominations through Dec. 8.
Employee Excellence Awards recognize achievements of staff who excel in their roles, in skills and performance. Recipients receive a monetary award, and all nominees are invited to a luncheon with President Martha E. Pollack and Vice President Mary Opperman. Awards are presented for:
- Individual Excellence;
- Innovation in Diversity and Inclusion;
- Management Excellence; and
- The President’s Award, “Far Above Cayuga’s Waters.”
New award for innovation
Consistent with Pollack’s focus on innovation during her inaugural address, a new award has been created to recognize staff who bring fresh ideas to their work, inspire a spirit of innovation or are willing to take a calculated risk. Nominees can work in any position or area on campus. They can be a colleague, a manager, an employee on your team – or even yourself.
Improvements to nomination process
- Simpler, streamlined instructions clarify and expedite form completion.
- Nominate someone as a group: Provide the names and NetIDs of colleagues who support the nomination.
- Self-nomination (new): Staff can nominate themselves for individual excellence and management excellence awards and for the new innovation award. This addition supports employees who work independently or whose efforts might have fewer opportunities for recognition.
There is no need to re-submit entries from earlier this year; all previous nominations will be considered.
Email Cheryl McGraw for questions about the nomination process.
Ashley Fazio is the director of communications for the Division of the Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer.