Cornell needs staff and faculty volunteers for Slope Day, May 10. As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to provide support and care for your fellow Cornellians. Your job will be to support a safe, relaxing and enjoyable event for everyone. All volunteers are required to attend a two-hour training session.
Volunteers can select from among a variety of ways to help:
- Setup/early coverage crew: Set up gates, tables and ropes, and provide coverage before 11 a.m.
- Volunteer check-in/out: Check volunteers and radios in and out, help with setup and clean up.
- Gate crew: Welcome participants to Slope Day and check wristbands at Cornell Health, north, south, Morrill and Tower gates.
- SlopeFest crew: help make sure SlopeFest, an alcohol-free activity fair on Ho Plaza, runs smoothly.
- Gap coverage crew: Cover the areas between the gates and make sure everyone is safe.
- Check-point crew: Cover specific areas to limit access to appropriate people.
- ID checkers: ID checkers must attend a one-hour training, either May 4 or May 7.
- Wristband distribution crew: Assist students/grads/alums in picking up Slope Day wristbands. Scan tickets and check IDs.
If you are not required to work the event, consider talking to your supervisor and signing up to be a volunteer for at least one shift.