The Cornell Orchards Store, at 709 Dryden Road, Ithaca, is holding its second annual Apple Bake-off Nov. 9, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The bake-off is open to the public; proceeds will benefit the United Way of Tompkins County.
To participate, sign up by Oct. 26 at 6 p.m. by filling out the online form or call the Cornell Orchards Store at 607-255-4542, and bake any edible apple creation of your choice. Entrants will receive a coupon for baking apples from the store, which they have the option of using in their apple creations.
Baked goods must be submitted Nov. 9 at 10 a.m. at the Cornell Orchards Store. The event will include:
- A tasting of apple creations: For a small donation, attendees can taste bake-off creations and submit their vote for “People’s Choice”;
- Raffles to benefit the United Way of Tompkins County;
- Local vendors, who’ll offer samples of their products;
- Face-painting, balloon animals and a caramel apple bar for children; and
- Awards for the bake-off’s grand prize and people’s choice prize.