Do you know a Cornell employee “rock star?”
The Division of Human Resources has extended the nomination deadline for the President’s Awards for Employee Excellence (formerly Employee Excellence Awards) to Sept. 14.
From 2011 through last year, Employee Excellence Awards recognized staff achievements, innovation, support for diversity and inclusion, and management excellence. Over the summer, the program was revamped and renamed the President’s Awards for Employee Excellence. Categories and criteria have been refined to better distinguish between the awards, and highlight the strengths and achievements they recognize.
This year’s categories:
- The Game Changer Award: Recognizes a staff member who developed, implemented or tried a new approach, system or idea.
- The Mission-Possible Award: Recognizes a staff member whose work demonstrates excellence in supporting the university’s core mission areas of learning, discovery and engagement.
- The ONE Cornell Award: Awarded to a team, department or group of staff (three through 10 people) that implements a project or solves a problem that positively impacts Cornell and the greater community.
- The Culture of Belonging Award: Recognizes a staff member who goes beyond expectations to create and support an open, inclusive, welcoming and equitable workplace environment. This person speaks up as an ally when witnessing unfair treatment and puts diversity and inclusion principles into practice in their everyday work.
- The Thoughtful Leader Award: Recognizes a staff member who brings out the best in others and mentors or coaches colleagues with exceptional skill.
Winners will receive a monetary award and all nominees will be invited to a luncheon with President Martha E. Pollack, Vice President Mary Opperman and senior leaders.