Join with other local and Cornell community members to donate items to help victims of Hurricane Harvey this Saturday.
The United Way of Tompkins County is sponsoring a supply drive, with two tractor trailers visiting various locations in Tompkins and Tioga County for pickup, Friday, Sept. 8, and Saturday, Sept. 9. Cornell Lot CC on North Campus is one of those pickup sites, Sept. 9, 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Other sites include:
- Owego: American Legion, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Dryden: Fire Department, 3-8 p.m.
- Trumansburg High School, 8-10 a.m.
- Dewitt Middle School, 8-10 a.m.
- Ithaca High School, 8-10 a.m.
- Newfield School, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Lansing High School, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Cornell Lot CC on North Campus, 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Dryden High School across from Poets Landing, 2-4 p.m.
- Groton High School, 2-4 p.m.
- Hand-held snack items (granola bars, peanut butter crackers, protein bars, etc.)
- Pop-top ready-to-eat items (canned meats, applesauce, vegetables, fruit cups)
- Shelf-stable pantry items (peanut butter, jelly, tuna, chili, beef stew and soup)
- Personal hygiene items (toothbrushes, deodorant, feminine hygiene products, etc.)
- Cleaning supplies (bleach, buckets, garbage bags, paper towels, etc.)
- Bottled water
Note: Clothing donations will not be accepted.
Questions? Contact Karen Trask, 607-339-5517, or Kent Tryon, 607-206-7456.
Community partners are: Cub Scouts, Cornell University, Dryden Central School District, Dryden Fire Department, Girl Scouts, Groton Central School District, Express Trailer Sales, Ithaca City School District, KT Construction, Lansing Central School District, Newfield School District, Owego American Legion, Page Transportation, Trumansburg School District, Tryon’s Transfer and the United Way of Tompkins County.