Law School staff and faculty celebrated another successful school year at the annual Law School Community Luncheon and Staff Service Recognition Awards event June 20 and honored 13 staff members for reaching employment milestones. This year’s event was catered by Luna, “Inspired Street Food,” and was held in Purcell Courtyard under the tent set up for Reunion.
Jens Ohlin, vice dean and professor of law, thanked the staff for their dedication and contributions to the school and presented awards to staff members who had reached five years or a fifth-milestone year of service:
- Kathy Church, custodian, Building Care, Facilities – 20 years;
- Ben Lem, network administrator – 20 years;
- Dawne Peacock, director of International Programs – 15 years;
- Heather Simkin, administrative assistant, Alumni Affairs – 15 years;
- Lyndsey Clark, faculty administrative assistant – 10 years;
- Carol Clune, evening supervisor and stacks manager, Law Library – 10 years;
- Kristine Hoffmeister, director of Alumni Relations and special events coordinator – 10 years;
- Valarie Kimber, administrative coordinator, Legal Information Institute – 10 years;
- Connie Pendergast, J.D. admissions coordinator and administrative manager – 10 years;
- Christian Shaffmeister, associate director, Annual Fund – 10 years;
- Travis Beeman, custodian, Building Care, Facilities – five years;
- Dan Blackaby, technology services librarian – five years; and
- Christina Price, recruitment coordinator, Career Services – five years.