Twenty faculty and professional staff members in four of Cornell’s state contract colleges have been selected for the 2020–21 State University of New York (SUNY) Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence. This year, for the first time, all nominees put forth by Cornell won awards.
The honor recognizes faculty and staff at SUNY colleges who demonstrate a commitment to intellectual vibrancy, advancing the boundaries of knowledge, providing the highest quality of instruction and serving the public good.
Honorees for faculty service are:
- Olga Padilla, M.S. ’88, Ph.D. ’91, professor of food science, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS);
- Margaret Frey ’85, M.S. ’89, Vincent V. C. Woo Professor in Fiber Science and Apparel Design, College of Human Ecology (CHE);
- M. Diane Burton, professor of human resources, School of Industrial and Labor Relations (ILR); and
- John S.L. Parker, D.V.M. ’99, associate professor of virology at the Baker Institute for Animal Health, College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM).
Honorees for librarianship are:
- Christian Miller, lecturer, research librarian, Martin P. Catherwood Library, ILR; and
- Erin Eldermire, head librarian, Flower-Sprecher Veterinary Library, CVM.
Honorees for scholarship and creative activities are:
- Toby Ault, associate professor of earth and atmospheric sciences, CALS;
- Tamar Kushnir, professor of human development, CHE;
- Vanessa Bohns, associate professor of organizational behavior, ILR; and
- Brian Rudd, associate professor of immunology, CVM.
Honorees for teaching are:
- Jodi Cohen, senior lecturer, CALS;
- Andre Kessler, professor of ecology and evolutionary biology, CALS;
- Jane Mendle, associate professor of human development, CHE;
- Veronica Martinez-Matsuda, associate professor of labor relations, law and history, ILR; and
- Antonia Jameson-Jordan, D.V.M. ’99, Ph.D. ’08, senior lecturer of biomedical sciences, CVM.
Honorees for professional service are:
- Janette Robbins, program assistant in the Department of Food Science, CALS;
- Carol Parker, extension associate with Cornell Cooperative Extension – New York City programs, CHE; and
- Kimberly Potter, department manager at the Animal Health Diagnostic Center, CVM.
Honorees for classified service are:
- Marianne Arcangeli, graduate field assistant in the Department of Human Development, CHE; and
- Patricia Jordan, graduate field coordinator in the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, CALS.